I am writing this review for all those who are skeptical about this phone and are in dilemma whether or not to buy this Lenovo Mobile Phones.Here is my review after a month of the Usage, if you think 30 days are sufficient to know a device.
Pros Like of Lenovo A6000 Plus
(1) 2 GB of ram(DDR-3) for better multitasking(Which is very good)
(2) 16 GB of internal storage(11.53 GB of usable storage,Which is ample)
(3) A free screen guard is provided by Lenovo (Out of the box)
(4) Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic(Also known as secondary noise cancellation) & Works well in crowded areas.
(5) Dolby Digital Plus Sound(Stereo or Dual Speakers). In fact it is a delight for music lovers. The music can be customized the way you want, with tons of enhancements & customizations for both speaker and In-ears.
(6) Display is good with wide viewing angle of 170 degrees with 294 pixel per inch and has a resolution of 1280×720. Brightness is sufficient under sunlight( And yes! It has Auto-brightness option)
(7)Supports 4G LTE.
(8)Built quality is very good & the phone is very slim, light weight(128 grams) & can be operated by one hand. The plus factor of this phone is its light weight.
(9) Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410 Quad-core 1.2 GHz(Reasonably good at this price point)
(10) Graphics:-Adreno 306, can play some, or most of the games at high or medium settings.And can easily play video files exceeding 1080p resolution.
(11)Apps not only can be transferred to SD card, but can be installed directly on SD card as well(Which is very good, since even most of the high end phones doesn’t let you to install an app on the SD card)
(12) Primary Camera is certainly better than most of the sub-class Phones. Secondary camera too, is good.
(13)Battery backup is around 48 to 55 hours, for light users, 38 to 48 hours for medium user and 24 to 36 hours for power user. And for extreme users it is less than 24 hours.
(14)Runs Android 4.4.4 KitKat out-of-the-box with the company’s own Vibe 2.0 UI. And is fluidic. And according to Lenovo, the A6000 plus will be upgraded to Android Lollipop in the coming Second or Third quarter.
Dislike and Cons of Lenovo A6000 Plus
(1)No back-lit illumination on touch buttons, and Notification indicator is missing.
(2)Does not support USB “On-The-Go”(OTG). And the box does not include a free set of earphone.
(3)A lot of bloatware installed by Lenovo(Remove as much of them to make the phone responsive, & free, some of the internal space. i.e-12.5 GB, can be gained)
(4)No scratch resistant glass, Ex:- Corning’s, “Gorilla Glass” or Asahi’s, “Dragontrail”
Some Important Tips of Lenovo A6000 Plus
1)Remove the bloatwares Installed By The Company–>To Free Ram & To Boost The Performance. And of course to gain some lost space.
(2)Reduce or Turn Off The Animations–>To Make The Phone More Responsive & To Resolve The Hanging Issues(If Any), Though i am Not Having Any Issues.
(3)Listen Through the In-Ears OR Earphones Whenever Possible–>To Conserve The Battery Power.
(4)Right now the the phone is operating under kit Kat 4.4, which is basically a 32 Bit operating system, This means the Snapdragon “MSM8916 410” processor which is 64 Bit processor, is not performing optimally on this phone, once the phone is upgraded to the “ANDROID LOLLIPOP”, which is a 64 Bit operating system,The performance of this phone is expected to rise up to 20% to 30%. Which is a very very good thing by the price factor of this phone.