I’ve been using this phone for the past one week and trust me, this is one of the best, High-range android HTC variants. I’m an android junior developer and i’ve been testing the performance of this phone at every possible rate. Please review after using this product and not by seeing the specs. This Phone has the following Pros and Cons :
1. Sharp super LCD display
2. Beautiful design and very slim, obviously fits your pocket.
3. Camera ! ah yeah , how did i forget that . It has a hot back camera of 8MP which completely suits for the resolution of the phone screen (5 inch approx) and with a pixel density of 294 ppi approx., the camera can be compared to any other smartphone’s camera. The zoom density is simply superb and the inbuilt editing tools enhance the level of the camera’s output to a very large extent. pictures are quietly brilliant !
The front camera is of 5MP pixel clarity, it also equals the performance of the back camera to some extent. focusing can be done automatically or manually. The picture clarity if both the front and back cameras are at their best class ! A big thumbs up for this .
4. Next comes the processor, Memory and RAM. Many people confuse by reading the inbuilt memory as 8GB and they get infuriated after they find that only 4.3GB is available as an internal storage. The thing is, New android phones are having their internal memories being split internally again, into two partitions. out of 8GB, the 4.3GB memory space is the one which acts as an internal SD card and no system files are present in this 4.3GB slot ! (please read that twice and understand) , the remaining memory out of 8GB is taken as the system partition where no user files can be stored. 4.3GB-5.5GB IS THE SAME WHICH IS AVAILABLE IN ALL ANDROID SYSTEMS THAT HAVE 8GB INTERNAL where the rest is taken as system files storage. This is done after the phone is booted, usually. But in this phone it is factory made. SO IT DOESN’T MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE.
Read only Memory (RAM) is not a concern where the processor is of Octa core type. this phone runs on a mediatek MT6*** variant , which has a clock speed of 1.7GHz inbuilt and it can also be overclocked to 2GHz full triggering. If you take a look at other smartphones, the processor will either be of quad core or of dual core but OCTA CORE is rare and trust me, THIS PHONE IS FREAKIN’ FAST ! AND NO BOILING AT THE BACK 😀 Again a BIG thumbs up for the performance of this phone. Please Note : Mediatek is not anyway behind snapdragon . The camera clarity, performance, UI softness and Gaming depends on this Mediatek beast that supports this phone and its the best part in this variant .
5. Next is the battery, which is of 2100 mAh capacity and the phone stands for day (Trust me!) when the WiFi is turned on throughout. Isn’t that amazing ? Now i guess that is enough .
6. Looking at the UI now. User interface is, as the name suggests, completely user friendly. it has a quick ,less glitching user interface which shows that anyone can use this phone at a high degree of ease.
7. Another Pro is the graphics. Heavy duty games like Dead trigger etc run smoothly without heating up and without any lag. The Mali 4** graphics chipset variant is surely a big pro in this device.
8. All other google features, browsers, inbuilt apps, HTC exclusive features make this phone a very good first class mid rager and as well as a high ranger ( you can compare this device with any high range phone)
1. First thing would be the glossy look. im sure that many people wouldn’t actually prrefer so much gloss at the back. but u can always get rid of it by using a case at the back and i guess the GLOSSY LOOK wouldn’t bother the buyers of this phone as far as the true specs performance ratio and other features are concerned.
2. The third party apps present in the phone cannot be hosted directly from the ext3, that is the external SD card as only the apps data is stored in the memory card. This can also be passed by getting a root access, and i wouldn’t recommend regular users to get root permissions. This memory concern is NOT A BIG DEAL here in this phone .
3. The specs list of this phone DOESN’T specify that the audio has a feature of boom sound. But the sound clarity is pretty decent.
4. Now i wouldn’t recommend Music lovers and sound engineers to use the headset that comes inbox with this phone as it is not that good. Since this phone has a universal 3.5mm jack, any good brand headphones can be replaced instead of the inbox pair, and ofcourse ! the clarity of sound is awesome if you use any THIRD PARTY headphone.
Overall, This phone is a Great at this price range. It is NOT unworthy of the money u pay, it is NOT anywhere behind other variants of this world 😀 . being a developer, I recommend this phone to everyone who is searching for a good HTC phone at this price
1. Android Kitkat 4.4.2
2. Sharp HD display
3. Great camera and sharp images, Front 5mp rear 8mp with anti glare glass
4. Superfast with 1.7 Ghz octacore Processor and 1GB RAM
5. Good battery backup with 2100mah capacity
6. 8GB onboard memory (but only 4 GB available user memory)
7. Front facing loudspeaker, (as per spec on various sites, they say it has stereo speakers but only lower speaker works when phone rings and you play music)
8. Torch and file manager pre-installed
9. Phone doesn’t heat up.
10. Looks and feel is good
1. The phone is glossy. It catches fingerprints and scratches easily, and may slip out of hand.
2. You can’t remove sim cards and sd card without removing the battery
3. Headphone audio quality is not that good until you adjust equalizer and volume level is low
4. LCD display contrast ratio under sunlight is questionable
5. There is no notification LED
6. UI is a mixture of HTC sense and stock android, some sense UI features are missing as compared with my Desire X
7. Loudspeaker doesn’t have boom sound
You can go for this phone if the cons doesn’t matter to you.Overall looks, specifications and performance is impressive.